Driving from Lisbon to Seville, Spain – A cross-border road trip in Portugal
Lisbon, the Portuguese capital, is a likely stop for leisure tourists looking forward to visiting Seville, the capital of Spain’s Andalusia autonomous community. As the distance between the two cities is about 463 km (286.69 miles), renting a car from Lisbon to Seville remains a favorable choice for travelers. With Portugal Rental Cars offering value for money cross-border car hire in Portugal, you can expect to explore more by paying less. And, since the country had never been on complete lockdown because of the ongoing coronavirus situation, you can plan a stay at the beautiful cities on the way for a day or so to make your Lisbon-Seville road trip a truly memorable one. Also, Portugal was praised a lot across the world for dealing so well with the Coronavirus Pandemic. Therefore you can rent a car in Portugal without much worry about getting infected.
|Lisbon-Seville road trip details
||463 km (286.69 miles)
||4 – 5 days
Lisbon to Seville one-way car hire
Hiring a car for a 1-way trip from Lisbon to Seville will require you to select Seville as a drop-off location while making an online car hire reservation. We will show you the latest Lisbon-Seville one-way cross-border car rental deals available from various suppliers. You can compare freely and choose the deal that best fulfills your driving requirements. Once you reach Seville, you can drop your rental car at the supplier’s location. Though Lisbon has no such cross-border travel restrictions, but, keeping the current scenario in mind, people are encouraged to make a well-researched travel itinerary and stick to it, especially if you are traveling to Lisbon from non-European countries. Also, keep yourself updated with the local coronavirus restrictions
Why Rent a car for a road trip from Lisbon during Coronavirus?
Road-trips in rental cars is preferably the best way to move around the country, especially during this COVID19 pandemic. With a rental car, one can have a little more control of the situation on a road trip, and it will also ensure less interaction with other people. Hire a car with Portugal Rental Cars, and travel with safety and convenience. Some of the other advantages of renting a car, during these times are:
- Get properly sanitized cars
- Helps in practicing social-distancing
- Easy modifications on existing bookings
- Make payment via digital/cashless options
- Free Cancellation(up to 48 hours before the pick up)
Renting a car from Lisbon to Seville with the same drop-off location
You may go for this option if you wish to come back to Lisbon from Seville. All you need to do is select Lisbon as your pick-up and drop-off location. You can compare all the available deals in a real-time environment and go for the cheapest one. As the Portuguese capital and Seville are 463 km (286.69 miles) apart, it won’t take more than 5 hours to drive to Lisbon from Seville.
||Car hire pick-up/drop-off locations
||Lisbon Airport, Amadora, Benfica, Campo Alameda, Coracao de Jesus, Lisbon Downtown, Hotel Tivoli Avenida Liberdade, Olivais, Oriente Railway Station, Prior Velho, Santa Apolonia Railway Station, Sintra
||Seville Airport, Seville Downtown, Avenida de Kansas City, Mairena del Aljarafe, Santa Justa Train Station
Car rental Lisbon to Seville tips
- One-way car hire price from Lisbon to Seville may include a one-way fee that varies from supplier-to-supplier. Check out our blog on Portugal to Spain cross-border car rental for more information.
- Selecting Seville as your drop-off location will automatically show you the list of car rental suppliers that offer cross-border car hire from Portugal to Spain. Read our Portugal car hire tips to make an informed decision.
- Do inform your car hire supplier before crossing an international border if you did not select Seville as your drop-off location at the time of online car hire reservation. You may need your car rental company’s permission before driving a Portuguese rental car into Spain.
- Please note that Lisbon and Seville are in different time zones. Plan your journey accordingly as Seville is one hour ahead of Lisbon.
Road trip from Lisbon to Seville – A brief overview
Book a rental car for Portugal now and get ready for a scenic drive from Lisbon to Seville. After exploring Lisbon, you can start with your road trip while covering the following cities – Estremoz, Elvas, Badajoz, and Merida – before finally arriving in Seville. Have a look at the Lisbon-Seville road trip map.
|Lisbon to Estremoz
||1 hour 41 minutes
||171 km (106 miles)
||A2 and A6
- Estremoz is located in Portugal’s Alentejo region. Spread across 198.38 sq mi, the city is divided into nine municipalities.
- Estremoz is world-famous for its marble of various colors. The quarries around the city account for the bulk of the marble production in Portugal.
- Popular tourist attractions in Estremoz are – Central square of Estremoz, Atalaia das Casas Novas, Castle of Estremoz, Castle of Evoramonte, and the Chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição. While planning a visit to a tourist attraction, look up the restrictions on the number of visitors, opening hours, especially for museums, art galleries, and restaurants, etc.
|Estremoz to Elvas
||40.7 km (25 miles)
- Elvas is a city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Portugal’s Portalegre District.
- Spread across 243.74 sq mi, the city is divided into seven civil parishes.
- Points of interest in Elvas include – Garrison Border Town of Elvas and its Fortifications, Castle of Elvas, Amoreira Aqueduct, and Santa Clara Square.
|Elvas to Badajoz
||20.1 km (12.4 miles)
- Badajoz, the capital of Spain’s Badajoz Province, is located close to the Portugal-Spain border.
- Spread across 570 sq mi and settled on the banks of the River Guadiana, the city is divided into nine districts.
- Popular attractions in Badajoz are – Alcazaba of Badajoz, Badajoz Cathedral, AQUA Badajoz, Puerta de Palmas, and Archaeological Museum of Badajoz.
|Badajoz to Merida
||66.5 km (41.3 miles)
- Merida, the capital of Spain’s Extremadura autonomous community, is a prehistoric city dating back to the 25 BC.
- Spread across 334.2 sq mi, Merida is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its rich collection of Roman ruins.
- Famous tourist attractions in Merida are – Puente Romano, Acueducto de Los Milagros, Temple of Diana, Circus Maximus, Cornalvo Dam, Proserpina Dam, and the Cathedral of Saint Mary Major.
|Merida to Seville
||1 hour 57 minutes
||192 km (119.3 miles)
- Seville, the capital of Spain’s Seville Province, is settled on the banks of the River Guadalquivir.
- Founded in 712, the city is spread across 50 sq mi and home to three UNESCO World Heritage sites, General Archive of the Indies, Cathedral, and Alcázar palace complex – the filming site for several episodes of the Game of Thrones.
- Other points of interest in Seville include – Tower of Hercules, St. Mary of the See Cathedral, Torre del Oro, Metropol Parasol, and the Plaza de España.
If you are planning for a road trip during the pandemic, it is very important to take all the precautions. You need to have a toolkit with all the essential items like face masks/face shields, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and disposable gloves, etc. and you are good to go. Driving from Portugal to Spain is one of the most sought-after road trip options for leisure tourists. As the Iberian Peninsula never falls short of worth seeing places, you can try as many road trips as you want. Low-cost car hire in Portugal and an open road will leave you with plenty of opportunities to discover something new every time you venture out in the countryside.